Monday, October 12, 2015

Overlays and flip flaps

One of the great thing from the Close to My Heart cartridges are the Overlays.  Arbooking has some that I was playing with along with the White Pines paper.  I am working on getting layouts ready for Christmas photos.
This overlay is from page 75 in Artbooking.  There is a full page and a half page.  I fell in love with the overlay but found that I lost all the details when I started laying photo mats on top of it.  When you hit the "Real Dail Size" you can have fun creating different sizes.  Close to My Heart has "flip flaps" of different sizes.  I chose the 6x6 one (Z1726) and cut this overlay in the Real Dial Size 6 ".  You can then put the flip flap on top of the page protector.  You then have a place to put photos underneath the flap as well as on the page.  You can have a portrait one or landscape.

I decided to go back to a size of flip flap I hadn't tried for a while.  There are an assortment of f8 protectors (Z1325).  There are 4- 6x12, 2 - 4x12 and 2 - 8x12.  I used to use 2 6x12 on one page and one 4x12 and one 8x12 on a page or all 4 on a page.  This time I used each one on a separate page.  The following set of photos will show the flaps down and then open.  I am still going to "bling" up the ornaments on the page.

There are many overlays.  Some lend themselves to having photos over them and some not so much.  Use scrap paper to try out the design and see how it works.

 8x12 flap on left closed
 8x12 flap open
 4x12 flap on right closed  6x6 flap upper left with overlay
 flaps open
 6x12 flap on left (half page overlay) closed
 flap open
 6x12 flap on right closed
flap open

The ornaments are from the Artiste cartridge and the Gold foil (Z3129) is the "string" for the ornaments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment