Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Creating new cards for the fall classes -Card 1

 The slimline cards are really fun to use.  Because they are longer, there is more space for things on the card.  The pack is 20 cards for $9.95.  You get the 3 1/2 x 8 1/2 cards and envelopes in X257.  Here is Card 1.


This is the finished card.  I was playing with the Distress Oxide inks.  I inked paper cut for the whole card base.  I did this because I didn't know how it would work but you could ink the card itself.  I drew fine lines so I could match the angle in the "Diagonal stripe slimline" Z3908.I  laid the thin cut on the paper and used a pencil to lightly draw lines.   In the end I didn't quite get the right angles.  (There are dots and hearts for the whole card coming up in the new catalog. ) 


I used 8 Distress Oxide inks - one darker and one lighter shade of 4 colors. You can get the effect just using 4 with going lighter and darker with the same color.  I also used the same patterns on another sheet of Daisy White that I was going to use to cut out the background of the Thanks.  I was going to lay the background of the word in the same shading pattern as the background but in the end I switched it up as it showed up better. 

I used Black and White Glitter paper.  You could use any combination of inks and papers.  The "Thanks" Z3684 is great with the shadow and the word.  You can just use the word as well. 



 I used thin 3D foam to lift the words and the butterflies off the page.



I used Smiles from the garden stamp set/thin cuts for the butterflies.  I die cut the butterflies, used the Distress Oxide inks and then stamped the Intense Black on them.  I really love the All purpose mat that wipes clean next to my VersaMat.  If you look closely, I sprayed water on the butterflies as it leaves the water marks.  I think used the Clear Shimmer brush on top.  


I am going to try the same background and thanks but have some other stamp sets/thin cuts in mind to try as well.  I had thought about putting some flowers behind the "thanks" and a butterfly or 2 on top.  


If you are trying Distress Oxide inks or the new slimline cards, post your samples here to share with others to get people's creative juices flowing.  Sometimes seeing a sample gives you ideas about where you can go with the colors and papers you have. 







No comments:

Post a Comment