Monday, May 16, 2022

Holographic paper, Moon dust glitter gel, dioxide inks, diamond stickles, full card size thin cuts and paper

 Usually I am making 1 sample and making sure I can cut 6 - 10 cards from the same paper.  I have had holographic paper and the full card size thin cuts for a while.  I haven't really used them.  I decided to see how many different ways I could use these.  One of my adult children wanted sympathy cards so I went to town and "played".  Here is the results and some things I found out about it.

I like the think cut.  I used Holographic paper underneath it.  What I discovered is that I covered most of the card up with saying and image and therefore I am not sure that it is a good use of the holographic paper. I think using the Moon Dust for "shiny" might be better or just filling the holes with diamond stickles.  
The yellow top left is the Moon dust and dioxide inks.  The one to it's right is holographic paper and the bottom one was plain cardstock and no shiny things at all. I had been using so much shiny stuff I thought I would see if just "plain" worked.  This all card think cut with the flowers really didn't matter so much if it was covered up as the openings were larger to see the holographic paper and Moon dust underneath.  I used the moon dust on the yellow right on the cardstock.  I did that on several cards and realized that sometimes it wound up on the back of the card . I notice now that the one edge of the thin cut isn't stuck down.  I used the liquid tombow and then put a large acrylic block on top.  Adhering to the holographic paper and glitter gel need the liquid and a bit of time to make it stick good.  I think even if it might add a card layer, I would do the glitter gel on a separate piece and glue that to the card rather than put it right on the card.  

I had used the holographic paper underneath the butterflies. I really like it so I did all 3 that way.  I like how the butterflies stick up but found it difficult to figure out how to get the sentiments on it and almost just decided to put the sentiment on the inside. 

There were 2 thin cuts - leaves - that popped out and the one with a place to stamp a saying on it.  
I had some A size stamps that I hadn't used and decided to use the dragonfly and swallow on these as they were smaller.  The bottom card I used the diamond stickles on the buds and outline and used another thin cut for the sentiment in the middle.  The leaves didn't really work well to use the Moon Dust but the Diamond stickles were great to use. 

I will use the holographic paper again on the thin cut card fronts that are more open and you can see it better.  I will use the glitter gel as an all over background.  Until this point I only used the glitter gel with the dioxide inks for stencils.  For some reason I find that using shimmer brush, stickles, glitter gel, glitter paper and holographic paper seem to dress up the card and make it really pop. I showed them to my grandchildren and they already picked out which cards they want to make with the holographic paper when they are here this summer.  I will start keeping more holographic paper on hand and using it more.  

If you have fun just seeing what you can do, let me know.  If you have questions, let me know as well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment