Tuesday, July 21, 2015

What do you do with all your stamps?

I love Close To My Heart stamps as so many can be saved in such a small space compared to stamps on wooden blocks.  Close To My Heart has organizational boxes of various sizes.  the one for stamps is the Large one 14 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 7 1/2.  Z1834 There are different organizers for ink pads, Picture My Life and small M stamps
I have about 800 stamps.  I have found Iris boxes - one 14 x 12 and one 14 x 16. 

Close To My Heart over the years has had color coded stamps in different categories.  As times change so do the categories.  My sister has helped me the last few days in organizing my stamps.  I went to convention and got all the bundles and now have most of the stamps in the Annual Inspiration catalog.  I have done different things in different ways and so I share all of them to see if you can find a way to organize and use your stamps.  

1. I scanned them and then printed them on paper and put them in a 3 ring binder notebook.
2. I scanned them and then printed each stamp on a 4x6 photo and put them in categories.
3. I have had them sorted in boxes and will need to revisit how to categorize them .  I put a 1 inch round orange sticker on the "current" stamps.  Now I have the "end date" on the sticker and those which have Cricut cuts are "forever" stamps and that is also market as well as written on the outside - Cricut and which cartridge they come from.  

We have put the stamps in numerical order in A, B, C and D.   I have written them all down - number and name and will put it in an excel spreadsheet.  Part of the reason is to see if I have the stamp or have something in that category.  The other is for insurance purposes.  

I had wanted to post all the things we made at conference, but we can't until the catalog goes "live".  There are some great thing happening and I can't wait to show you all the samples and wonderful things that are about to happen!  Stay Tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment