Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Stamp away on the paper and on scraps to cut

I often try to use Daisy White or Colonial White paper for base pages.  You have to dress the paper up a bit.  One way is to stamp on the paper around the border.
You will notice the flower on the outside of both pages.  I love that Close To My Heart has stamps that match with the paper so you can continue the theme throughout album pages.

The other way is to stamp on the paper but also to stamp on scraps and cut them out for the pages.
On this layout, I stamped the edges of the left side as well as stamped flowers for embellishing.  If you look closely, I used the 2nd generation method.  This method is that you stamp and then stamp again without reinking.  I did that with the flowers and the leaves.  I mixed them up and they look really great together.

I used one of the pocket cards from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge.  I used the cut out flowers as well on the page.  You can make another of the same card and flip it for the other side.

You may also notice I used White Twine over each of the photo mats on the bottom and the pocket card,  You can also use gold foil and shimmer trim as decoration on your photos but since I only had paper saying "photo", I will wait to put it on later when the photo is present. You can also put it on the corners of the photo, on the top section or on the sides to help embellish the photo and the page.

Don't forget to check my website for the products to make pages for your memories.  barbarapagekell.ctmh.com




No comments:

Post a Comment