"The time they are a changing" is a song of Bob Dylan and of the 60's. I wasn't able to go to the Close To My Heart convention to hear first hand but here are some of the changes that were announced. I appreciate that Close To My Heart is setting itself up to be able to make changes and see what is happening in the market. They will stay competitive and giving us the most options.
1. There will no longer be an Annual Inspiration Idea Book. We have had a large yearly catalog. It takes time to get the book ready and the content is stagnant for a whole year. They have had 3 smaller Holiday and Seasonal Expression idea books to help with the current season and inventory. Now each idea book will have new products as well as basic tools and accessories so everything is in one book for your to reference.
That means: 1. There will be an extension until September 1 for ordering from the large book. The Seasonal Expression already had the September 1 deadline.
2. There will no longer be 4 sub groups of color palates which means: the associated card stock combo packs and mini pigment ink pads will be retired August 31.
3.Watch for August and some bundled specials of the paper collections - there will be a workshop kit and materials to make an entire album from the bundle.
4. In August there will be an old favorite paper brought back in a new way with 4 - 2 page layouts and 8 cards.
2. The Workshop Your Way will get a new take on the program. 2 of the Workshop Your Way kits will not have card options but a guide for 3 alternative layouts with additional art techniques.
1. July 15 - August 31 there will be special of 4 exclusive B-size stamp sets for celebrating special vents and enough supplies to create 7 different cards and a single page layout. I appreciate that Close To My Heart does both pages and cards.
3. There are 10 new colors coming out for September which means 10 colors are retiring: Crystal Blue, Juniper, Flaxen, Sorbet, Pacifica, Tangerine, Blossom, Cranberry, Poppy and Nutmeg.
4. There will also be some new things in the collection of Story By Stacy. This one will be centered around a 6x6 album with exclusive pattern papers and accessories.
This is the time to look and see what you want to accomplish in the next 6 months. We don't know what is new and coming, but if there is something of what is GOING, you need to get things soon - long before the September 1 deadline.