Sunday, September 6, 2020

Take time to play - take time to organize

I love to create.  I have a 10 foot table and I have piles of projects that I am working on.  From time to time I re-organize and the table becomes clean.  They say if you make your bed every day, it gives your day a better start.  Clearing the table does that for me.  

Close To My Heart has always had packets and projects. Over the years I have organized in different ways.  I discovered that my latest way was leaving the finished 12 x 12 scrapbook pages in the same packet with the directions, sometimes embellishments and the directions.  Although they were all together, I didn't get to see the ideas and use them in other projects and I thought I had all this paper but it was really already been used.  I put the pages in page protectors and then in albums. (I still need to buy more of both.) I put the directions in 3 ring binders and labeled them. ( I already had 23 3 ring binders of various sizes.  I did an index of each binder and then copied that index into a major index. I then had bags of leftovers.  If there were enough pieces to do other pages or use in the various sizes of page protectors, They are in one spot.  The scraps for other use are in another  The whole packets in another spot and the plain cardstock in another container.  

I am still in the process of doing this but I can almost see the table.  In between the sorting, I have been working on, finishing and starting different cards.  Organizing for me isn't as much fun or seemingly productive as making things.  I have realized that taking time to organize once in a while means I don't spend endless time searching for things I know I have.  

I have started to plan over a weeks time in blocks to: create, pick up, organize, and dream.  Have fun creating.  Have as much fun as you can organizing.  I you have questions or ideas for other people, comment on this post.  Good Luck












No comments:

Post a Comment