Thursday, December 30, 2021

What I have learned from Daisy Meadows Launch

 There is a program with Close To My Heart that is called VIP.  If you buy a lot, them this is the program for you.  If you want to step it up, you can become a Maker. There is a minimum you need to have for a quarter in sales.  When I started in 2006 there was not a VIP program.  My upline said, "You would make the minimum all by yourself so go for it1".  I have been with CTMH for 15 years now.  

When you are a Maker or higher, you can sign up for the launch of the next 2 month catalog.  You get some of  the new paper and a stamp and the new catalog.  You get to join a video and see all the products - they show you the original works up close and person.  

This packet came from such a launch.  The paper packet is called Daisy Meadows.  





Sometimes the learning curve can be steep.  Here is what I learned through this workshop.

1. Don't put all the workshops away in a box on the shelf without a label.  

    All of a sudden when I was sorting through papers that I had put in the white 12x12 CTMH boxes (most of which I had labeled), I found all the workshops that I am doing here.  I really need to do them when the papers are available if anyone wants to use the same papers.

 I realized that I wasn't going to do the workshops for a while so I took out the stamp set and used it eith other projects.  I just grabbed the workshops when I came to my sisters this week and happened to notice that the stamp sets were not in there.  I did find all of them but 1 set.  If I do that in the future, I will write a note as to which stamp sets are to be used.  When I am home that isn't so much an issue but I just couldn't find one stamp set that I know that I have but didn't find before I left.  It was for this workshop, so I brought other stamps that I could use instead and it worked out fine.

2. If you take something out of a packet, again, put a note in it.  If I was home there wouldn't be a problem but I had taken the cards and envelopes out of this packet and my sister also is out of blanks. 

3. They says "Necessity is the mother of invention".

   Because I didn't have the right stamp set, I was able to really make different cards. I am enjoying trying out new things and have gotten some ideas that I am going to try later. 

4. I love my VersaMat

CTMH has 2 wonderful mats.  The one side of the VersaMat is self-healing and you can use your utility knife right on it.  The other side is spongy for stamping on.  The top side has inches marked so that you can make sure your paper is straight from one side to another and  it has diagonals as well.  The All Purpose mat is also wonderful because it is heat resistant for the heat gun, it will easily wipe off glue and glitter and it rolls up nicely.

I never liked to go to Crops because I had everything at home,  By the time you pack up and go, there is always something that you have left behind that you need.  I have a check list and used it in coming up to my sisters.  I am going to add a few things when I go home.  It helps to always keep on learning.

Ps. I printed the directions off in black and white as my colors were out. Usually i have the directions on the computer to go to to check out details. Again not being at home made it strange. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment