Friday, February 4, 2022

CTMH die cutting machine

 I love the Close To My Heart Die cutting machine.  I have used it almost every day.  You can keep your metal die cuts  on with washi tape but it seemed to take up the paper with it.  I found out instead that I can use The Yellow Delicate Frog painters tape with better results. 

In one of the Facebook Live CTMH events someone commented that if your mat gets warped, you need to replace it.  I found that the Big Shot clear plastics did "unbend" in very hot water but the CTMH mat is made of different material.  


I did what I was supposed to do with the mat.  You choose different parts of the mat to cut on.  You turn if over and use both sides equally.  I think it eventually will need replacement. 

I call corporate and asked how far a bend is too much. Mine measured under 1/2 inch.  I was told that if it took too much to roll, that force could hurt the rollers.  As I keep ahead on things, I had a new mat that I could start using immediately.  There is a tug even when the mat is flat but it is doesn't take huge effort like it did before.


I love the CTMH die cutting machine because you can dial up or down on pressure for embossing and die cuts.  


Today I got new mats in the mail.  I got the magnetic cutting mat - supposedly you don't need tape for the metal die cuts to stay in place.  Before I used any tape, I had them move and almost cut some of the neighboring dies because things moved.  I will keep you updated on how this works out.  

I haven't used the adapter yet.  It is for other brands of dies so that they cut right.  

Let me know how you are doing with your die cutting machine or if you have any questions about the CTMH one.  



No comments:

Post a Comment