Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Getting rid of wooded blocks for ease of storage and use

 Before 2006 when I became a Close To My Heart Maker, I had been stamping and scrapping since 1979.  I had a lot of stamps that were on blocks and just a few "see through" when I started with CTMH.  I loved the small spaces that you could store the stamps in.

In 2014 I retired from being a pastor and moved to a smaller house.  I gave away many stamps and much paper.  I don't think I could have used it all in my life time ---- and then I bought more!  All the wooded block stamps were in boxes and they got relegated to the end of the closet where they were never seen or thought of again.

Now that I am with Stampin UP, I am going back and reclaiming those stamps to use again. I have watched many YouTube videos and it seems to be working ok.

Is what the stamps look like on the wooden blocks.
You can carefully peel the rubber stamp and foam together off the block.  If that doesn't work, you can zap it in the microwave 7-10 seconds.  So far I haven't needed the microwave.  In some way this is a discouraging business.  Originally I cut out the rubber stamps and mounted them on the blocks and then put the stickers on.  Now I am reversing the process!!!

I use the Tombow to adhere the sticker to the stamp.  I then use the Two-way glue on top of the sticker so that it will stick to an acrylic block.
I let them dry.  I have put the name of the stamp set on the mylar sheet and have stuck the stamp on the back so you can see them and put them in a Photo case storage Tidy case.
You can trip the rubber stamp but you must trim the sticker.  You can use the adhesive eraser to get all the gunk off the blades of the scissors. 

I still don't know how I will fix the rubber stamps that have the image inked onto the wood.  I also am not going to take off lots of the little stamps that will so OK as they are.  This process is not going as fast as I thought but I am making progress.  

Let me know if you are doing this project to and how it is going for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment