Close To My Heart paper has a white core. That means when you put paper through an embossing folder/machine you can sand the paper and it will appear as a white design.
1. in the flip flaps on a page
2. on a page itself as a mat for a photo or cut out image
3. just as decoration on a page.
4. for cards in all the same ways as for pages
5. for the cover fold of a card
You can choose darker paper for cards and emboss the front. Then you can put a white piece on the inside ( 1/4" smaller all around) so you can write a note or stamp a saying. There are a variety of embossing folders with Close To My Heart - Arrow, floral, honeycomb, woodgrain, dot, chevron, quatrefoil, damask, stripe, vine, diamond, scallop and of course the heart. You can use a variety of embossed images on the same page. You can sand them or leave them. Note: you need to be careful as you pull off the paper so you don't tear the piece you just embossed.