There are many levels to work in cards, scrapbooks and projects.
See what you want to do.
Simple projects: these last from 1 - 2 hours
1. Come and find out what digital scrapbooking is all about: Studio J. This is a free 1 hour workshop that will demonstrate how you can do things online.
2. Learn how to use the Cricut Expressions Machine and Cricut Design Space online. This is for 1 hour for $5 and you leave with 2 cards, 1 tag and 1 layered image.
3. Make 2 - 12x12 page layouts for 8 cards for $8.
Manageable Projects: these take from 2 - 3 hours
1. Workshop on the Go - get 5 friends to pre-pay and you are free with $25 in free product. Make 4 pages, get"bling" and a D size stamp set and have leftovers to use on other projects.
2. Base and Bling Buffet - prepay $12 for chain, pendant, charm and image (gold or silver choices) you can pay and add more at the buffet time.
3. Picture My Life Buffet - prepay $6 and get 2 sheet protectors, 4 - 4x6 cards and 8 - 3x4 cards ( you can make more if you have time.) Bring 16-20 4x6 pages and go home with a good start to your album.
4. Card Buffet - prepay $15 and make as many cards as you can in 2 hours. 15 choices to choose from with limited seating.
5. Instalife Album - bring @80 4x6 photos (which you can cut) or a mix of 4x4 and 2x2 and go home with a 20 page 4x4 album for $30.
6 Flip Flap Pages - Do you have lots of photos but don't want a whole album of them? Make 2 pages with "mini-albums" on each page for $15. It is amazing with these little flaps can do for journaling and photos.
Challenge Projects: multiple sessions of 2 - 3 hours.
1. Fundamentals Album - make 8 layouts 5 different times for a total of 40 pages for $60. You will need to buy 20 page protectors @$23 and an album for @ $40 for a complete 20 page album!
2. Picture My Life Album - for $35 you will get 10 page protectors, 4x6 and 3x4 card set and a corner rounder. Bring 80 - 100 photos. You will still need to buy an album to put them in.
3. My Reflection Pages - make 6 -8 12x12 pages for $20.
4. 12 page 4x4 album - there is a mix of vellum, white cardstock and kraft paper. for $20 and @30 photos you can cut, you will have a complete album.
5. Year Calendar - you actually make 12 -12x12 pages with photos. The project will be between $32 and $42 depending on the paper you choose to use.