Thursday, March 7, 2019

March Cards

March cards this year are Easter Cards.  These cards are modeled after what is in the catalog.  Some call it "Scraplifting".  I chose to make some changes from the catalog.  When I make the cards for the groups, I try not to have things "bump" up to high and require the extra postage.  Bows and bling look wonderful but it can cost you. 


These are the two sets of stamps that I used.  The bottom one is used on 2 cards and the top one on the egg card.  I used a border stamp on the He is Risen card rather than a patterned paper and used a block stamp and different color paper for the egg one. 

I have made all the thin cuts and will bring some other spring stamps with me for those who would like to be creative and try doing something different. 




In design it is an unwritten rule to use odd numbers like 1 or 3 of things whether on quilts or cards.  I used watercolor pencils for the color but did a cross card in lighter gray and didn't use the water brush and I did like how it turned out. 

The lettering on the egg card uses the White daisy pigment ink so you have to use clear embossing powder.  My ink pad is older so I chose to use the White embossing powder so that it was the look I was looking for.  I am going to offer people bling on all the cards as they choose. 

I have some opening in Baraboo for the 1st Thursday and at Portage on the 2nd Wednesday.  Let me know if you would like to join us for 1 time or become a regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment