Friday, May 14, 2021

Hillside Cottage Cards

 One of the papers you will find in the CTMH May and June 2021 catalog is called Hillside Cottage.  I made the cards and really like them.  They use the Distress Oxide Inks for color.  You probably could do water color wash as well. 


My old die cut machine quit working and I love my new Close To My Heart die cut machine.  I did learn that there are sometimes older products that have just met their end.  This set of cards has many die cuts.  I had trouble with my Bestie thin cuts in that they moved and cut on top of each other accidentally.  They are still useful but I need to be careful from now on.  

I started using some old washi tape.  I have used it not long ago but this time the washi tape took the top layer of the white off - it didn't really matter on the "negative" piece but it did also come off on the actual thin cut I was making. (you can't see it too well on the image)  My old washi tape got pitched.  I have noticed that some people use painters tape or 3M sticky tape.  I will see what works best in the future for me.  Leave me a note as to what you use and how it is working.



No comments:

Post a Comment