Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Stars and Sparkles - cards

 Stars and Sparkles G1232 is great card kit to make.  I love that CTMH gives detailed directions. 







When you are looking at any workshop kit, you need to really look at the "Additional Supplies". This kit comes with the Thin Cuts and you will need to cut 40 balloons (they give you 2 thin cuts), 24 tassels (again 2 thin cuts), 8 bows, 8 Happy Birthday and 12 Strings.  16 of the tassels need to be embossed.  If you are not into fussy work, this may not be the cards set for you.  Close to my heart has brought back the Tweezers  which are really needed when you use a heat gun on the small tassels.  

Many of the card kits have had many tiny pieces lately.  I think the end product justifies all and work but you need to know what you are getting into before you start so that you have patience and the right equipment to get the tasks done.  

The anti static pouch is a must to have.  In scrapbooking, you can take the "sticky" off of the stickers so that you can slide the photo in later.  It is really important to use when embossing.


This was my set up for the embossing.  You see the craft jar  which houses my anti static pouch.  I hadn't put things in the other craft jars I had and I don't think I will.  I found that they are perfect to house all the tiny die cuts that you needed.


I loved this card set and I think you will to.  Let me know how it turns out for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment