Friday, May 14, 2021

You can learn something new every day.



 I am recuperating from major surgery.  I am doing fine but my energy level is more like a wrung out dishrag. I have been checking out YouTube craft things.  One of the things that Close to My Heart put out was 4 weeks of Stamping Techniques Video #1-#4.

I have been trying to decide if I should start up my Technique Tuesdays again.  I have been looking at what is out there and seeing if I should do new things or point people to things already out there.  

As I have been watching many Close To My Heart Facebook live and replay things, I realize that I still can learn lots of stuff.

1. The close to my heart blocks are a little bit rounded on one side and flat on the other.  The rounded part is to help you get a better grip when stamping.  I have used these blocks it seems for eons and I never noticed.  I have put the stamp on either side. Check the next time you stamp and put your stamp on the flat side and see if inking and stamping aren't just a bit easier.


2. There is a line on the block.  I knew that but that line is on the flat side to help you line up your stamp.  I usually like to put a stamp that needs a line on the top rather than the bottom because I don't seem to get as much extra ink on the block that I need to wipe off. You can line it up on the top of the block as well as on the bottm.


3.  I have used my Versa mat for scrapbooking but didn't know how much more I could also use it for cards.  You can put the clear block on the gridlines and get a longer stamp straight or you can put it on the Versa mat up side down and put the block on top.


When you want something in the middle, you can line up your paper (seeing through the foam pad) and make sure it is exactly where you want it.


I have done dovetails by snipping up to a point and folding over.  You can put your paper on your Versa mat and snip straight up while using the grid markings on the mat as a guide for the middle and cut to it from each side. 


I have used the Versamat for the pages to line up where you put things.  I have never done this with a card.  It is amazing that you can use the numbers on both sides to make sure things are even and in the place they are to be. 


As you have been doing different things during lock down, have there been new things that you have learned or remembered old things that still work?  Let's chat and see what we can learn from each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment