Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Year Album start using Prickly Pear Paper



I thought it might be fun to have a “page a month” for the year 2017.  To do this I needed some special things that Close to My Heart has to offer.  I know I use my camera a lot.  I found out that I had to have special layouts for special occasions like birthday parties and first time First grade concerts on stage.  

In our Annual Catalog on pages 12 and 13 you will find these tools.

1. There are Memory Protectors Pocket Plus pages.   This is half pages with 4x6 and 3x4 photos both landscape and portrait.  This allows you to get a few more photos without having to do more pages.

2. There are Memory Protectors Flip Flaps.    These come in 2x2, 3x3, 3x4, 4x4, 4x6, 5x7 and 6x12 sizes.  I used the 4x4, 4x6 and 6x12.  This allows you to add in multiples of 2 for photos on the page.  It is really something how many extra photos you can add!  The other advantage of the Flip Flaps is that you can put the journaling underneath so that someone who just wants to see the photos isn’t bogged down with your journaling stories and yet there are there to help you remember that day. 

3. Memory Protector pages are great quality.  The 6x12 size Flip Flap goes the whole length of the page protector.  It is hefty enough so that the 12x12 doesn’t bend under the weight.   The 6x12 Flip Flap really adds a page to that page.  It gives you more photo layout room.

4. There are also pocket pages which I haven’t used yet but may put at the end of the year album.  There are various designs of 3x4 and 4x6 sizes on the page.  You can do journaling or use the pocket cards that come with the paper packets in the Seasonal Expression catalog.  

I am only to April with this book.  I used the Prickly Pear Paper Packet and the Prickly Pear Coordination Cardstock.  I will probably need 2 more paper sets to finish the year out but I will be able to have the whole year in one album and still have lots and lots of photos.  I don’t know if I will keep with this paper set or move to another one.  Keep watch at the site to find out. 
You can email me for the directions and I can help you put this wonderful album together.  revskell@gmail.com


Front page

Left and right Layout 1 - Notice the side 6x12 Flip flaps extending the page.
Layout 2 - You will notice every other page is just 2 pages.  It is easier to have the 6x12 Flip Flap on one page rather than both sizes of the page protector.  The page protector will hold it but it becomes confusing as to which page it belongs to.
 
                 
Left and right Layout 3

Layout 4

Left and Right Layout 5 - In this case I closed the Flip Flap on the right to show you that the page size is really the 12x12 of the album.  When you use the Flip Flaps, you need to have them "flap" so that when you open the page they hang down.  Close to my Heart has new 4x6 Flip Flaps that can be on the side or on the top so that it easier to turn the pages.  
Layout 6


Left and right Layout 7.  The thing about Flip Flaps is that you need to have the page protectors ready and if you put the smaller ones on the pages, you need to know that the page protectors are in the right order when you start.  You really can't take them off once they are on the page.  
Back page - You can either have a 2 page layout here and keep going with the Flip Flaps or have a one page layout and start the next part with Flip Flaps.  I am enjoying doing this album.  Join me in creating this!








No comments:

Post a Comment